Does anyone know if a similar method has already been proposed by someone or in a similar form (especially regarding the last specification)?
Voting form: ranking in which some candidates may also have the same position.
- 1 point is awarded to all candidates in the highest position (0 points to all others).
- the candidate with the lowest sum of points is eliminated.
The process is repeated until only one candidate remains, who is the winner.
- when the process is repeated, and all candidates in 1st position in one vote have been eliminated, 1 point is awarded to all candidates in 2nd position.
- the process can be interrupted when a candidate receives more points than 50% of the number of voters.
- to reduce too tactical grades, a ranking with limited positions can be imposed. I think these positions must depend on the number of candidates.
Eg 1 position for every 4 candidates, therefore:
up to 4 candidates 1 position (it’s AV)
up to 8 candidates 2 positions (1st, 2nd)
up to 12 candidates 3 positions (1st, 2nd, 3rd)